New Student Admissions
Beginning January 9 - 12, 2017, STM counselors along with admissions will visit our feeder schools to explain the application and scheduling process to students and parents. Parent meetings schedules are below. If you are unable to make a daytime meeting, STM will host a meeting on January 11, at 6 p.m. in the STM Mall.
- St. Cecilia- Monday, January 9, 2017 12 p.m.
- Cathedral-Carmel - Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1 p.m.
- Our Lady of Fatima - Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12 p.m.
- STM - Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6 p.m.
- St. Pius - Thursday, January 12, 2017 12 p.m.
Important Dates and Information
January 13, 2017
Applications for the 2017-18 school year will be available . The deadline for priority consideration will be Friday, January 20. Applications submitted after January 20, will be reviewed beginning February 20, 2017, and will automatically become second priority status.
January 17 - 19, 2017 | 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Accepting required documents.
Required documents dropped off 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. by appointment. Any application not completed by midnight will be considered late and will lose priority status. Late applications will not be reviewed until February 20, 2017, and will automatically become second priority status.
February 17, 2017
First priority Letters of Acceptance will be mailed.
March 6 - 8, 2017 | 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. | STM Boardroom
Incoming Freshmen / New Student Registration
Important Registration Information: A registration email will be sent to parents the third week in February from our Registrar's office, firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will include a link to schedule summer tablet training, a link to print and complete the demographic form, a link to FACTS, and an enrollment contract link. Parents will need to bring the completed enrollment contract and demographic information form to registration. Any incoming student not registered by the deadline automatically loses his/her priority status.
New Student Tablet Training: All freshmen and new upperclassmen will receive 8 hours of mandatory training. At the time of registration, parents will sign up for one training session:
- June 20 - 21 | 8 a.m. - 12 noon
- July 19 - 20 | 8 a.m. - 12 noon
- Carefully consider ALL courses requested prior to submitting the Schedule Request Form. Ordinarily, changes will not be made once the form has been received by STM.
- Regarding incoming Freshmen: High school credit earned in an elementary school will be recorded on the high school transcript as pass or fail (P/F). A passing score on the minimum proficiency exam does not necessarily prepare the student for the next level course at STM. A student may be required to repeat a course based on performance in the course.
- Click appropriate 2017 - 2018 Schedule Request Form below to download, complete and submit with required documents:
- Click Course Offering Guide for honors placement guidelines. (Page 8 for Freshmen, Page 9 for Upperclassmen)
Yvonne B. Jumonville Academic Scholarship
The YBJ Scholarship was established in 1989 by former St. Thomas More Principal, Yvonne B. Jumonville. The scholarship is presented to an incoming freshman and provides a $500 tuition stipend each year for four years (if student remains at STM). It is based on academic strength and not financial need. In choosing the recipient, consideration is given to the student’s grade point average, standardized test score, extra-curricular activities, essay and two letters of recommendation. Click here to download scholarship form.
Harry and Jessie Greig Memorial Music Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2003 by the three children of Harry and Jessie Greig, Msgr. Harry, Becky Greig Ledet, and Jerry Greig, to honor their parents and to ensure that STM would continue to create an environment to attract students to the band program. This scholarship is given to an in-coming freshman who has a love of music and who will participate in the band program while at STM. Click here to download scholarship form.