This page will be utilized to communicate specific components of St. Thomas More Catholic High School’s plans and preparations for reopening the school. Based on lessons learned from spring 2020 and guidance from the CDC, State of Louisiana and the Diocese of Lafayette, along with faculty and stakeholder input, we have refined our approach to virtual learning and implemented guidelines for a hybrid learning environment.
Thank you for visiting our FAQ page. We are working diligently to answer all questions. In some cases, we are still working through logistics and as soon as we can, we will share the information with you. As you know, this is a fluid situation and new to all of us. Adjustments will be ongoing as we make decisions for what is best for our entire school community. We ask for your patience, understanding, and support.
- Who is included in a "family group"? If a "B" student is car-pooling with another student in the "A" group, would there be modifications made?
- For the virtual learning will there be actual classes that the students attend?
- Will students be participating in extra curricular activities (i.e. - band, athletics) especially the Options program?
- If a student tests positive for COVID, will all other students/teachers who were in a class with that infected student be required to quarantine for 14 days?
- Will the instruction that teachers provide to the students at home during the Hybrid model include access, through Zoom, etc., to the in class instruction being taught to the alternate group?
- Will students participate in activities during PE or classroom assignments?
- Can the teachers wear shields instead of face masks?
- Do students who are at home in a virtual learning group have to wear their school uniform?
- If a student is sent home with symptoms, would the other students in that class have to quarantine?
- Will students be required to dress in mass attire while watching mass in the classrooms?
- Where should students driving their own vehicles park on day 1 before they are assigned the parking spot?
- With the switch to the hybrid model, what is the plan going forward for returning to 100% face to face instruction? Is the intention to wait until the state goes to phase 3 or would you consider bringing all students back on campus before then?
- Would it be possible to email supply lists in advance?
- How will social distancing be addressed in the hallways when students are changing classes?