|Margaret Bourque||Math ACT Prep||337-280-1329|
|Cynthia Lanier||ACT Prep||337-988-5758|
|Denise Simon||ACT Prepfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carrie Listi||ACT Math Prep||337-577-1802
|Melanie Lauer||ACT English & Reading||337-277-4549
Free online professional tutoring along with a comprehensive Skills Center Resource Library is available completely free of charge through Louisiana Libraries: Connecting People to Their Potential. Check out the websites below.
Homework Louisiana: www.homeworkLa.org
• Live online tutoring / Sunday - Thursday / 2 - 10 p.m.
• Math: Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Calculus
• Science: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
• Social Studies: U. S. History, World History
• English: Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing Center, Literature
Study Guides and Strategies: www.studygs.net
- Public educational website with a wide variety of information on study skills, planning, and goal setting
- Over 8.5 million students and teachers used SGS resources last year in 30+ different languages
Kahn Academy: www.kahnacademy.org
- Offers 2,400 different videos mostly related to math, science, and finance to help students understand concepts being taught in the classroom
- Offers practice exercises for additional reinforcement
- GoPeer.org pairs vetted college students who attend top-tier universities with students between the ages of 5–18 for 1-to-1 tutoring lessons.
- Click here for more information about GoPeer
- Filled with over 3,000 free homework help videos taught by master teachers primarily in the areas of math, science, and English.
Consumer Affairs: https://www.
- The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
Test Preparation and Career Assessment: http://lalibcon.state.la.us
- Online test preparation, career-interests, self-assessments, sample tests, computer applications tutorials
Teen Health and Wellness: http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us
- Reliable and credible online health information
Louisiana Jobs and Careers Center: www.lajacc.org
- Resources for career changers and job searchers
Present Assistive Technology Solutions for Students with Learning Disabilities
Students are able to use their computers to aid them in many ways
- ADD / Dyslexia / Visual learners – graphic organizers – Inspiration
- Dyslexia – Intel reader (text to audio)
- Dysgraphia - computer tablets to aid with their handwriting
- ADD / all learners- able to use One Note to keep their notes organized
- The State Library of Louisiana offers special formatted books on loan and free of charge – usually helpful for AR books
- Website: http://www.state.lib.la.us and select “Visually Impaired” on the toolbar, then choose “Apply for Service.” Phone : 1-800-543-4702
Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic
- Membership fee is $35 annually
- If your child qualifies, he/she will have access to an extensive library of digitally
- Recorded audio book titles (May include text books.)
- Website: http://www.rfbd.org/membership_3.htm Phone: 1-866-732-3585
Accessible Books and Periodicals for Readers with Print Disabilities
- Free for all U.S. students with qualifying disabilities, thanks to an award from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
- Dramatically increases the accessibility of books. People with disabilities deserve the same ease of access to books and periodicals that people without disabilities enjoy
- A searchable online library - offers approximately 127,000 digital books, textbooks, teacher-recommended reading, periodicals and assistive technology tools
- Readers of all ages - offers affordable membership, unlimited library privileges and a community of Members, Volunteers, parents, publishers and authors
Date: September 3, 2022
Time: 9 a.m. sharp - noon
Location: STM, Room 907
Cost: $120 (pre-registration)
Please submit payments to Mr. Thompson.
Cash or check made payable to STM.
Click here to register.