March 17 - 19
March 24 - 26
Requirements to Tryout
- Must have a 2.0 GPA (bring a copy of your most recent report card)
- Must be in good standing with school presently attending
- Must be registered at STM for the 2020 - 2021 school year by March 11, 2020.
What to Wear
- Sparklers and Cougar Dance: any color t-shirt/tank/racer back, shorts and jazz shoes on Tuesday and Wednesday. Solid black t-shirt/tank/racer-back top and solid black dancing shorts and jazz shoes on Thursday for tryouts.
- Cheerleaders: any color t-shirt/tank/racer-back top, shorts and cheer shoes on first two days. Solid black t-shirt/tank/racer back and black shorts with black tights or biker shorts underneath and cheer shoes on Wednesday for tryouts.
- Requirements for both teams: Hair must be pulled back out of face. No ribbons or bows may be worn in hair for tryouts.
Dance Team Criteria
- Individual placement for Sparkler and Cougar Dance teams is determined according to a point break system. Detailed information concerning team placement will be given on first day of tryouts.
- Both teams consist of 9th-12th grade dancers.
- Individual placement for Competitive and Non-competitive squads is determined according to a point break system. Detailed information concerning team placement will be given prior to tryouts.
- Both teams consist of 9th-12th grade cheerleaders.
- Pending Practice Schedule. A hypothetical calendar of commitments in later months will be given to the girls with their information packets.